Alberta Oil & Gas
The Alberta Oil & Gas business, designs and manufactures machinery, parts and assemblies; provide shutdown and machinery repair services in our shops and at customer sites; manufacture and recertify vacuum and hydro vacuum equipment, and also offer a wide variety of cost effective products for wear and corrosion protection.
Bradken is a leading manufacturer of chromium carbide lined components and piping systems used in: Mining, oil sands, oilfield, forestry, construction and general manufacturing. (Any industry that deals with wear, erosion and corrosion.)
Our patented technology for circumferential lining of pipe elbows is unique to Bradken. Using open arc flux-cored wire, our patented overlay machines apply an oscillated weld bead circumferentially on the inside diameter of an elbow. We are the only company in North America to do this. The advantage of this process is: The percentage of ovality and diameter shrinkage is significantly less than conventional methods. This control over distortion allows for easier fit-up and attachment with lower flow deflection while materials travel through the elbow.
- To apply our specialized chromium carbide overlay products, Bradken has engineered and manufactured all machinery used in our overlay facility. Tailoring these machines to our specific needs means that all products are produced with speed, precision and quality. In the end, the product wears longer and the customer saves time and money.
Wear Technologies (1690kb pdf)
Mechanical Repair and Field Services
Our mechanical repair group is a leading provider of certified rebuilds, overhauls and upgrades for all types of mechanical and rotating equipment. This specialized service is performed on: blowers, gearboxes, centrifuges, pumps and pulp processing machinery, by our skilled millwrights in our dedicated mechanical repair facility.
Bradken goes beyond the basic rebuild scope, concentrating on achieving or exceeding factory specifications. We work with our customers to solve operational problems with their equipment; by providing solutions to maximize equipment life and reduce maintenance costs. All rebuilds are performed in accordance with our ISO 9001:2008 registered QA program.
Our fully equipped fleet of trucks and trailers handle the transportation of the needed manpower, equipment and materials to the job-site - 24/7/365. Careful planning by our project managers and safety officers, ensures that all services and repairs are performed with efficiency and minimal down-time.
- Western Canada's largest blower repair facility.
- Our field services division handles all the removal and installation of damaged and repaired equipment.
- Downtime equals loss of money. To mitigate this loss, Bradken offers a blower exchange program.
- Utilization of the latest technology for: Dynamic balancing, vibration analysis and testing equipment. Examples of this include: A computerized blower test bench, decanter type centrifuge test frame and various hydraulic and electric rotary drives adaptable to most rotating equipment.
Mechanical Repairs and Field Services (2139kb pdf)
Machining and Fabrication
The primary goal of our Edmonton, AB Canada facility has been to partner with our customers to provide innovative solutions for their machining and fabrication requirements. Since 1979, we have provided the various industries with these solutions, while maintaining an "on-time, on-budget philosophy".
Our full service manufacturing facilities provide: Custom and production machining, custom machinery design/manufacturing, design services, large-scale fabrication, weld repairs, piping fabrication, hard surfacing and a comprehensive replacement parts program.
- Our replacement parts program conducts on-site feasibility studies with customer personnel. We test and evaluate the current materials and recommend options for increasing the life of the replacement parts.
- Machinists, operators and programmers produce precise, quality products on every project; whether it is a “one-off” piece or full production machining.
- A high priority is placed in the growth of our skilled trades people and in the technology and processes they use. Combined with our quality management system, we ensure that all products are manufactured to meet and exceed customer and industry standards.
Machining and Fabrication (2069kb pdf)