Nuclear energy is globally critical today and will be significant in the future. As a supplier of high quality complex engineered castings; Bradken is at the forefront of supply for nuclear applications
Bradken’s Energy business contains one of only a few foundries in North America (Tacoma, WA) that is qualified to make castings for nuclear applications (ASME certified since 1974). Bradken’s Engineered Products Division is committed to the use of science, technology, and craftsmanship to satisfy our customer’s needs.
Today, as a supplier of nuclear submarine components and municipal nuclear power castings, Bradken utilizes advanced computer technology to optimize casting design.
Our sophisticated manufacturing process, experience and focus on customer satisfaction; combine to create solutions for today’s most rigorous casting and machining requirements.
- Linatron x-ray capabilities for wall thicknesses beyond 6.5”. BRADKEN® has extensive experience with heavy section, high specification steel castings.
- BRADKEN® Argon Oxygen Decarburization (AOD) refined alloys result in clean material with excellent mechanical properties.
- Assisted engineering (Fabrication to casting conversions, Improving castability)
- Patterns and tooling
- Carbon/stainless and specialty steel castings
- Certified ASME nuclear material manufacturer
- Machining and value added services
Certifications and Quality
- Welders certified ASME, Sec IX, AWS D1.1, FCAW, GMAW, SAW, GTAW, SMAW
- ISO9001, API610, 8C and 2SC, ABS marine steel castings, MMPS No. 5165, ASME QSC-2004, ASTM, NACE, MR0103, MR0175, DNV
Bradken Nuclear Brochure