ALBERTA OIL & GAS
The Alberta Oil & Gas business serves Alberta's Oilsands, conventional Oil and Gas as well as numerous other industries in the region. Supplying engineered wear solutions, the industry's leading Chromium Carbide Overlay (CCO) wear piping as well as custom and production fabrication and machining services, our Edmonton based facilities are known for unmatched quality and service and we have recently expanded to better meet industry demands for quick turnarounds.
Bradken is a leading manufacturer of chromium carbide lined components and piping systems used in: Mining, oil sands, oilfield, forestry, construction and general manufacturing. (Any industry that deals with wear, erosion and corrosion.)
Our patented technology for circumferential lining of pipe elbows is unique to Bradken. Using open arc flux-cored wire, our patented overlay machines apply an oscillated weld bead circumferentially on the inside diameter of an elbow. We are the only company in North America to do this. The advantage of this process is: The percentage of ovality and diameter shrinkage is significantly less than conventional methods. This control over distortion allows for easier fit-up and attachment with lower flow deflection while materials travel through the elbow.
- Patented process for circumferential overlay of pipe elbows
- Oilsands approved in-house induction bending to reduce lead time and improve quality control
ENGINEERED WEAR SOLUTIONS
Bradken's globally successful approach to Engineered Wear Solutions is quickly establishing a proven track record in the Oil Sands region. Our in-house engineering capabilities can dissect weaknesses that are hampering your productivity and provide solutions that will keep your mine running longer, reducing total cost of ownership while increasing production and safety. We have Bradken's full suite of wear plate and block products in stock or readily available so our solutions can positively impact your bottom line in time for your next shutdown.
MACHINING AND FABRICATION
The primary goal of our Edmonton, AB Canada facility has been to partner with our customers to provide innovative solutions for their machining and fabrication requirements. Since 1979, we have provided the various industries with these solutions, while maintaining an "on-time, on-budget philosophy".
Our full service manufacturing facilities provide: Custom and production machining, custom machinery design/manufacturing, design services, large-scale fabrication, weld repairs, piping fabrication, hard surfacing and a comprehensive replacement parts program.
- Our replacement parts program conducts on-site feasibility studies with customer personnel. We test and evaluate the current materials and recommend options for increasing the life of the replacement parts.
- Machinists, operators and programmers produce precise, quality products on every project; whether it is a “one-off” piece or full production machining.
- New technologies are embraced, as evidenced by the recent acquisition of a robotic PTAW weld overlay cell, a large diameter Induction Hardening machine and a large diameter CNC Vertical Lathe with Live Tooling.