Rail's Manufacturing Facilities
Bradken's Rail division is a competitive supplier of freight rail wagons and components to global market. Wagon and bogie manufacturing facilities are located in Australia and China and use state-of-the-art technology and techniques in production.
Rail's particular facilities include a Bogie facility at Runcorn in Queensland and Wagon manufacturing facilities at Ipswich in Queensland, Mittagong and Newcastle in New South Wales and Xuzhou in China. The total wagon manufacturing workshop area is 45,000m2 with between 530 and 860 employees.
Bradken utilises an in-house Safety Management system developed from Australia's National Standards. All manufacturing facilities are certified to Quality Management ISO 9001 and 9002 and Australian facilities are certified to Environment ISO 14001 with Xuzhou's certification in progress.
Recent significant Rail achievements include
- Production rate of 28 iron ore wagons per week or one wagon every four hours and sixteen minutes
- Production rate of up to 28 coal wagons
- Ipswich Production rate during two major freight rail prohects of 44 wagons per week delivered to two different customers in Western Australia and Queensland
- Ramping up to 40 wagons per week in Xuzhou
- Currently have the total capacity of 60 freight wagons per week