Design Engineer – Bassendean, WA
An exciting opportunity exists for a Design Engineer to develop their career with a leading mining services company.
Based at our Bassendean manufacturing facility in Western Australia, the Design Engineer will be responsible for providing a design and engineering service to manufacturing and sales and maintaining design knowledge of all Mineral Processing products under direction of the Product & Engineering Manager.
To be considered you will have an Engineering Degree, preferably Mechanical or Mechatronics. Industry placement experience will be highly regarded.
Primary responsibilities for the role include:
- Performing design optimisation, solid modelling, detail drafting and simulation of Mineral Processing equipment.
- Travelling to customer sites for client meetings, reverse engineering of components and asset condition monitoring.
- Preparing technical documentation in regards to the manufacture and use of products.
- Certification of drawings to ensure drawing standards have been adhered to and engineering requirements are captured in full.
- Working closely with the sales & manufacturing teams to complete projects and support business growth.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and knowledge:
- Proficiency in CAD including 3D modelling and 2D drafting experience with Unigraphics NX or similar package.
- Proficiency with FEA, DEM, and Dynamic analysis is desirable.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Ability to build relationships and rapport with customers and team members.
Prior to commencing employment you will be required to complete a psychometric assessment and a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing.
If this sounds like your next role, please send your resume and a brief covering letter highlighting why this should be your next role to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 4th March 2019.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY APPROACHES
Bradken is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. All employment will be based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.