Design Engineer – Newcastle, AUS
The position is with the Product Development team that covers the regions of Australasia & CIS which also coordinates with our African and Americas PD teams. The Design Engineer is responsible for providing product design and engineering support to the Mineral Processing division. Working closely with the Product Development and Sales teams, the successful candidate will also conduct product performance inspections and testing at customer sites. The key challenges of this role will be to develop product and market knowledge to continue to benchmark Bradken as a leading provider of wear liner solutions.
To be considered you will hold a Mechanical Engineering Degree and demonstrate:
- Experience in a similar role within the Mining or Heavy Fabrication Industry desirable;
- Knowledge of mineral processing and material handling equipment and processes;
- High level of proficiency in CAD including 3D modelling and 2D drafting experience with Unigraphics NX or similar package;
- Experience with ANSYS FEA and DEM software desirable;
- Teamcenter experience would be an advantage;
- Experience with the use of wear materials applicable to the mineral processing industry;
- Ability to build relationships and rapport with customers and team members;
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills;
- Ability to understand customer needs and provide a high number of solutions within a short timeframe.
- Structural design experience with AS4100 desirable.
- Communicate effectively at all levels.
- Willing and able to travel to customer sites both domestically and internationally
Prior to commencing employment the candidate must complete a psychometric assessment and successfully pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test.
If you would like to join a global market leader please send your resume and a brief cover letter highlighting why this should be your next role by COB 29 November 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org