Design Engineer- Newcastle, NSW or Brisbane, QLD
Bradken is a leading solutions provider and global manufacturer of innovative, custom engineered products for the resources sector. It operates a global network of manufacturing, sales and service facilities employing about 3,000 people.
The Design Engineer will be based in Brisbane, QLD or Newcastle, NSW. The successful candidate will provide design and engineering services to manufacturing and sales.
This will include:
- Assisting in the development of new products and continuous improvement of existing products for the mining industry
- Performing solid modelling, detail drafting and analysis/simulation
- Reverse engineering of products
- Provide technical support to sales, marketing and manufacturing
- Prepare technical documentation and procedures to assist manufacture and operation of products
- Interface directly with customers to discuss/resolve technical matters
- Perform inspections of products in-service
To be considered you will be able to demonstrate:
- Mechanical (or similar) Engineering Degree
- Five years’ experience in the mining or heavy fabrication industry. Knowledge of mining class hydraulic excavator or rope shovel undercarriage or ground engaging tools (GET) will be highly regarded
- High level of proficiency in CAD (NX/Teamcentre preferred) including 3D modelling and 2D drafting
- Experience with FEA (ANSYS), DEM (Rocky) and Dynamic Analysis (Algoryx)
- Reverse engineering experience using hand held scanners or coordinate measuring machines
- Ability to build relationships and rapport with customers while understanding their needs
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Communicate effectively at all levels
- Willing and able to travel to customer sites both domestically and internationally
Prior to commencing employment you will be required to complete a psychometric assessment and a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing.
If you would like to join a global market leader please send your resume and a brief covering letter highlighting why this should be your next role by COB 26th July 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
A cover letter specifically addressing the selection criteria will be well regarded.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY APPROACHES
Bradken is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. All employment will be based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.