Electrician – Wodonga, AUS
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Electrician to develop their career with a leading mining services company
The Electrician will be based in Wodonga and will be responsible for reading technical diagrams. Install and maintain wiring, control, and lighting systems. Inspect electrical components, such as transformers and circuit breakers. Identify electrical problems with a variety of testing devices.
To be considered you will be a Trade qualified as a Maintenance Electrician. You will be able to demonstrate:
- Accountable for all site equipment
- Identify root causes and carry out continuous improvements to site safety, product quality and operational efficiency.
- Contribute to and lead continuous improvement initiatives.
- Carry out routine planned and preventative maintenance on factory equipment.
- Prepare and support factory start up and shut downs.
- Respond to and repair production breakdowns.
- Installation, set-up and maintenance of new machines and equipment.
- Maintain accurately records maintenance job sheets and input into maintenance management system.
- Have a mechanical understanding of different machines and processes
- Work as part of a team, or individually, and be flexible with working hours
- Have a current and valid electrical license.
- Advanced problem solving and root cause identification skills (PLC experience not essential but well regarded)
- Ability to build strong relationships with factory operation associates through solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to perform a variety of tasks.
- Participate in electrical maintenance planning –not essential but well regarded
- High Voltage Switching experience
Prior to commencing employment you will be required to complete a psychometric assessment and a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing.
If you would like to join a global market leader please send your resume and a brief covering letter highlighting why this should be your next role by COB 25th January 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. A cover letter specifically addressing the selection criteria will be well regarded.
Bradken is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. All employment will be based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.