General Manager – IT – Newcastle, NSW, AUS
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced IT specialist to develop their career with a leading mining services company as General Manager – IT
The General Manager – IT will be based at Bradken’s Head Office in Newcastle reporting to the Chief Operating Officer. The role will be responsible for leading the overall strategy, execution and management of the global IT department, which plays a critical role in supporting Bradken and its objectives.
To be considered, you will be degree qualified in Computer Science or equivalent, have significant managerial experience (ideally more than 10 years in a leadership role) and be able to demonstrate:
- Operational and strategic leadership of an IT department, with overall accountability for technology, people, project management and budget management
- Being successful handling of detailed, complex concepts and problems including balancing multiple tasks and competing demands simultaneously and making appropriate decisions regarding administrative issues
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure
- Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to ensure the privacy and security of user information systems
- Ability to assess and anticipate technology projects and recommend appropriate action and resources
- Ability to identify user needs and resolve problems.
Prior to commencing employment you will be required to complete a psychometric assessment and a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing.
If you would like to take the next step in your career and join a global market leader, please send your resume and a brief cover letter highlighting why this should be your next role by COB 27 June 2018 to email@example.com
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY APPROACHES