Global Quality Assurance Manager – Brisbane or Newcastle
A unique opportunity exists for an experienced Global Quality Assurance Manager to join our senior management team.
Based in Newcastle and reporting to the Executive General Manager Supply Chain, this role will lead the Quality Assurance (QA) team in the development and implementation of Bradken’s Quality Management System (QMS), standards and procedures across the organisation.
The role will focus on product quality assurance, continuous improvement and customer satisfaction in line with Bradken’s strategic priorities and commercial growth objectives and will involve regular travel across our global network of sites.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Development and implementation of the company’s Global Quality Management System (QMS) based on QA best practices, related metrics and processes.
- Develop and execute the short to long-term quality assurance strategy, in conjunction with Executive Leaders and Senior Managers
- Establish and implement QA policies, procedures and standards to ensure compliance with company policies, customer requirements and government laws / regulations.
- Develop annual QA program budget and maintain accountability for meeting budget.
- Be the subject matter expert for QA related issues and provide recommendations for strategic improvement plans, operating and work methods improvement.
- Oversee and lead the company’s quality auditing / inspections for deficiency identification and correction, and drive resolution of open items after the audit.
- Provide leadership and structure to a high performing QA team to accomplish service quality objectives and to ensure compliance to applicable laws / regulations, company policies and procedures.
- Establish and lead a QA Steering Committee that will help drive quality assurance improvement initiatives, engage internal teams in quality programs and assist with project delivery.
- Administer and maintain QA related certifications for the organisation.
- Ensure all functional units and affiliates are kept up-to-date with various established and emerging local, national, regional and international legal, ethical and regulatory standards.
- Lead and develop successful and professional QA teams through mentoring, coaching, training, professional development, with timely and relevant performance evaluation.
To be considered for this role you will be degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering, Quality Engineering or related field and will be able to demonstrate:
- 7 -10 years’ experience in a QA / Quality Engineering role within a heavy engineering or manufacturing environment
- Hands on experience implementing and sustaining ISO standards systems, new processes, policies and technologies.
- Strong communication, influencing and stakeholder engagement skills to build and maintain internal and external relationships at all levels of the business
- Ability to manage budgets and understand financial reports
- Experience with regulatory, third party, and customer auditing and leading teams in mitigation activities
- Experience with strategic and safety leadership, change management, and people management
- Ability to engage a cross-functional team and matrix virtual teams in multiple locations and monitor and track progress of execution of the plans
- A pro-active and self-motivated work ethic, and the ability to work autonomously.
Six Sigma and/or professional certification as an internal auditor for ISO standards would be desirable.
Prior to commencing employment you will be required to complete a psychometric assessment and a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing.
Please send your resume and a brief covering letter highlighting why this should be your next role to email@example.com by COB 28 February 2019.
Bradken is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. All employment will be based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.