Maintenance Mechanic – Tacoma, WA
An exciting opportunity exists for a Maintenance Mechanic to join our business at the Tacoma Foundry.
From engineered concept to finished product, Bradken’s Speciality Products business is a leading global manufacturer of innovative, complex engineered castings and fabrications for commercial and military applications. Bradken operates a global network of manufacturing, sales and service facilities employing about 3,000 people worldwide.
The Maintenance Mechanic will be responsible for responsible for:
- Performing repairs, modifications, and new parts installations on existing equipment
- Carrying out preventive maintenance on equipment per the schedule and work instructions provided
- Participating in the installation of new plant equipment
- Repairing and installing pneumatics, hydraulics, and structural framing
- Maintaining required record files and maintenance logs
- Utilizing proper tools necessary to perform maintenance & repairs
- Understand and follow Lock-out Tag-out ,Confined space and Fall protection policies
- Keep areas clean and practice good housekeeping in work areas
A qualified candidate will have the following qualifications
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems required
- Ability to read and interpret work instructions, blue prints, and structural diagrams required
- Previous experience in pneumatics, hydraulics, plumbing and carpentry preferred
- Prefer welding and fabrication and use of plasma and cutting equipment experience
- Prefer electrical experience
- Prefer previous training in HazMat and Spill Prevention
- PLC skills preferred
- Ability to complete necessary paperwork including work orders for preventative maintenance
- Ability to read a tape measure and do basic math including fractions required
How to Apply and become a member of a global market leader:
Bradken is accepting applications through April 17, 2019. If you are interested in this position, please apply in person at our office 3021 S Wilkeson St. Tacoma, WA 98409. If you have any questions please email WARecruitment@bradken.com or call the recruitment office at (253) 473-8739.
Bradken is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. All employment will be based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.
is an EEO Employer