Manufacturing Manager West Coast Operations – Bassendean, AUS
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Manufacturing Manager to develop their career with a leading mining services company.
Bradken is a leading solutions provider and global manufacturer of innovative, custom engineered products for the resources sector. It operates a global network of manufacturing, sales and service facilities employing about 3,000 people.
The Manufacturing Manager – West Coast Operations will be based at Bradken’s Bassendean site and will report to the General Manager Operations. This position is responsible for leading the Bassendean site manufacturing operations and teams to achieve customer satisfaction and critical business objectives by building and implementing a safe, lean and metrics-driven manufacturing culture to sustain optimal plant performance. Additionally, the Manufacturing Manager Wundowie will report into the role.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Plan and oversee the execution of daily activities and ensure effective leadership coverage on multiple shifts.
- Drive safety performance and improvement.
- Oversee the implementation of Bradken policies and systems.
- Build a culture of manufacturing excellence and continuous improvement.
- Monitor production schedule performance and implement corrective actions to ensure daily, weekly, and monthly KPI’s and production metrics in Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost are met.
- Participate in budget activities, including the review of required capital expenditure, development of the annual budget and monthly spending controls throughout the year.
- Oversee and manage employee relations in line with corporate strategies, initiatives and policies, providing a sound basis for communications with production employees and ensuring supportive management and people practices are observed.
- Develop and manage key third-party vendor contracts and relations in consultation with central Procurement.
In addition to having worked within an engineering or manufacturing environment, you will need to be able to demonstrate experience or exposure to the following selection criteria:
- Tertiary qualification in Manufacturing, Engineering or Business Management.
- Experience working in a Senior Production Management role within an engineering or manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated experience in people management, change management and project management.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of lean manufacturing environments, operational and tactical plans, processes and techniques.
Prior to starting employment you will be required to complete a psychometric assessment and medical including drug and alcohol testing.
Please send your resume and a brief covering letter highlighting why this should be your next role by COB 18th January 2019 to email@example.com. A cover letter specifically addressing the selection criteria will be well regarded.
Bradken is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. All employment will be based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.
We respectfully request no recruitment agency approaches.