Mechanical Engineer – Phoenix, Arizona
An exciting opportunity exists for a Mechanical Engineer to join our Mining & Mineral Processing business in the Phoenix, Arizona area as a Product Designer.
. The Mechanical Engineer will create and design mining equipment for the Mineral Processing business. This will include:
- On Site Reverse Engineering, Inspection of Liner Product and Optimization of Design
- Presenting design proposals to customers and Sales teams
- Delivering drafting and related technical support to both the sales and marketing group and to the manufacturing teams
- Providing products designed to allow for manufacture, meeting customer expectations of quality and service
- Establishing and maintain product design documentation and related technical material
- Ensuring that all Mineral Processing product data is generated, managed, updated, revised and archived per the applicable standards and written procedures
A qualified candidate will have the following qualifications
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or similar is required
- Knowledge of iron ore, gold and other mining fixed equipment and processes
- Experience with the use of wear materials in applications such as transfer chutes
- Knowledge of SAG/Ball Mill Liner Design and Crusher Liner Design
- Previous experience with 3D solid modeling and 2D drafting required (NX preferred)
- Experience with ANSYS FEA and DEM software is preferred as is mining or foundry experience
- Must have strong problem solving skills, an ability to reverse engineer, and knowledge and experience in selecting wear materials for use in mining equipment as well as designing and modifying existing equipment
- Must be a self-motivated individual that is able to work in a team environment but to be driven and able to prioritize and work unsupervised
Bradken is a leading global manufacturer of innovative, custom engineered products for the mining, transport, contract manufacturing and general industrial markets. It operates a global network of manufacturing, sales and service facilities employing about 3,000 people worldwide.
How to Apply and become a member of a global market leader:
Bradken is accepting applications through March 20, 2018. If you are interested in finding out more about the opportunity or to request an application, please email WARecruitment@bradken.com or call the recruitment office at (253)473-8739.
Bradken is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. All employment will be based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.
is an EEO Employer