Purchasing Coordinator- Newcastle, NSW
Bradken is a leading solutions provider and global manufacturer of innovative, custom engineered products for the resources sector. It operates a global network of manufacturing, sales and service facilities employing about 3,000 people.
Based at Bradken’s Newcastle office, you will join a team of Purchasing Coordinators and report to the Production Control Manager. The purpose of this position is to manage the procurement function for all Mining Mobile Plant projects and major tenders, including all purchasing from external and internal sources, and related logistics activities with a focus on cost reduction and improved value of the supply chain.
This position has a strong focus on meeting deadlines, building both internal and external relationships, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and ensuring the accuracy of data.
To be considered you will have a Certificate IV in Purchasing, Logistics or Business Administration, or be Trade Certified with experience in manufacturing and demonstrate:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in purchasing within a manufacturing environment;
- High level of customer service and interpersonal skills, and the ability to develop and maintain constructive working relationships with internal customers.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and Bills of Material and broad understanding of MRP principles;
- High attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads, strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously, under pressure and respond flexibly to the demands of the business
- Import / export knowledge and experience will be highly regarded.
Prior to commencing employment you will be required to complete a psychometric assessment and a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing.
If you would like to join a global market leader please send your resume and a brief covering letter highlighting why this should be your next role by COB 26th July 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A cover letter specifically addressing the selection criteria will be well regarded.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY APPROACHES
Bradken is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. All employment will be based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.