Purchasing Coordinator – Newcastle, NSW
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Purchasing Coordinator to develop their career with a leading mining services company.
Based in Newcastle, New South Wales you will join a team of Purchasing Coordinators reporting to the Production Control Manager. In this role you will manage the procurement function of projects and major tenders for our Mining Mobile Plant business including all purchasing from external and internal sources and related logistics activities with a focus on cost reduction and improved value of the supply chain.
This position requires a strong focus on meeting deadlines, building both internal and external relationships, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and ensuring the accuracy of data.
To be considered you will have a Certificate IV in Purchasing, Logistics or Business Administration, or be Trade Certified with experience in manufacturing. You will demonstrate:
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in purchasing within a manufacturing environment;
- High level of customer service and interpersonal skills, and the ability to develop and maintain constructive working relationships with internal customers.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and Bills of Material, and have a broad understanding of MRP principles;
- High attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads, strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to be a team player and to work autonomously, under pressure and respond flexibly to the demands of the business
- Import / export knowledge and experience will be highly regarded.
Prior to commencing employment you will be required to complete a psychometric assessment and a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing.
If you would like to join our team please send your resume and a brief covering letter highlighting why this should be your next role to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 22 February 2019. A cover letter specifically addressing the selection criteria will be well regarded.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY APPROACHES.
Bradken is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. All employment will be based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.