Sand Department Operator -Tacoma, WA
An exciting opportunity exists for a Sand Department Operator to join our business at the Tacoma Foundry.
From engineered concept to finished product, Bradken’s Speciality Products business is a leading global manufacturer of innovative, complex engineered castings and fabrications for commercial and military applications. Bradken operates a global network of manufacturing, sales and service facilities employing about 3,000 people worldwide.
. The Sand Department Operator will be responsible for maintaining the equipment of the department, monitoring the operations related to the sand lab, and perform testing and calibrations creating critical reports to the supervisor and operations. This will include:
- Maintaining sand mixers by daily monitoring levels of resin and temperatures and increasing supply of materials as needed
- Inspecting and cleaning sand mixing equipment daily
- Operating and monitoring thermal, mechanical, and all other sand transporters
- Unloading materials delivered into corresponding containers or equipment
- Monitoring sand storage hoppers and silos
- Operating and monitoring the reclamation system through your shift
- Monitoring trash and finished product transporters
- Operating and regularly monitoring the sand separators
- Monitoring mag collection transporter
A qualified candidate will have the following qualifications
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Basic Algebra
- Communication and writing skills a must
- Able to use weigh scales
- Read and understand tape measure and rulers
- Use various hand tools
How to Apply and become a member of a global market leader:
Bradken is accepting applications through April 3, 2019. If you are interested in finding out more about the opportunity or to request an application, please email WARecruitment@bradken.com or call the recruitment office at (253)473-8739.
Bradken is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. All employment will be based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.
is an EEO Employer