Technical Manager- Ipswich, QLD
An exciting opportunity exists for a Technical Manager to join our business in Ipswich, QLD
Bradken is a leading solutions provider and global manufacturer of innovative, custom engineered products for the resources sector. It operates a global network of manufacturing, sales and service facilities employing about 3,000 people.
Bradken’s Ipswich Production Facility is a full-service site offering casting, machining, fabrication, and fitting/assembly services. Adept in complex jobbing castings, in a broad range of alloys, the site can cast products up to 22,000kg.
The Technical Manager, leads the site’s Technical department to deliver customer focused outcomes around quality, compliance and delivery on time. Working closely with operational departments the Incumbent will be responsible for the development of both strategy and systems to increase site capability and create a culture of customer satisfaction, quality compliance and continuous improvement.
To be considered you will have a Degree (or higher) in Metallurgy or Materials Engineering, or another relevant Scientific field and be able to demonstrate:
- At least 7 years relevant industry experience in a mid-level or senior management role
- Proven ability to lead a multi-disciplinary and high performing team
- Ability to coach and mentor to promote site and personal excellence
- Practical experience in application of quality management principles and systems
- High level planning and organizational skills
- Experience in a Foundry / heavy manufacturing environment
- High level problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, and within the customer base
Prior to commencing employment, you will be required to complete a psychometric assessment and a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing.
If you would like to join a global market leader please send your resume and a brief covering letter highlighting why this should be your next role by COB 27th September 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. A cover letter specifically addressing the selection criteria will be well regarded.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY APPROACHES
Bradken is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. All employment will be based on merit, competence, performance and business needs.